Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 23, 2013

a few words..............

........I'm sorry for the sporadic captioning lately.  I've been using a mixture of older caps, and newer caps, to provide you with current offerings.  The situation is that about three months ago I developed some sort of an infection in my lungs.  Actually, it appears to be a combination of two different but related infections.  They aren't likely to kill me, but the treatment might.  The treatment generally will be for somewhere between 9 and 18 months.  Right now I am on 4 different antibiotics that I had even never heard of before.  The process of adjusting to these meds has been a challenge, and I often struggle with loss of appetite, nausea, tiredness and a few other symptoms. The funny part of this treatment is that it can also cause 'shortness of breath.'  Heck, that's my symptom before the meds. Right now I'm taking them all every day, but I understand that in a few months I should be able to reduce that to maybe 3 times a week...  The onset of winter has me very concerned because should I get anything like the flu, or pneumonia, it will quite likely cause me major problems.  So, please bear with me...thx

2 comments:

  1. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you alexis. This is some serious stuff to have to deal with. Do what it takes to get yourself right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read about your situation. I hope it all works out for the best and you are back to your old self soon. Good luck, and stay the course no matter how you feel.

    ReplyDelete