Total Pageviews

Friday, April 18, 2014

well, I survived that cataract removal

...........................it was actually more painful than I was led to believe it would be.  Though they put an IV line in, they never gave me anything--which I'm not sure if that's good or bad.  The actually surgery was not done by the doctor I was led to believe would do it.  Rather, a young lady did it, and I have to admit that I'm not certain if she was a resident, grad student or fellow.  Stuff like that happens at a 'teaching hospital' and there is really nothing wrong with it.  New doctors have to learn somewhere, somehow.  I guess what gets me the most frustrated is that they did not come right out and tell me that my eye doctor would only be supervising-----and I really do plan to ask them why.  I guess some people would get a freaked out, but I've been going to this hospital for over 30 years and I have dealt with many medical and nursing students, residents, grad students, fellows over the years, and I don't mind it.  Same thing with the dental school here.  The eye is still somewhat sore, and quite red....and still partially dilated.  I'll see what tomorrow brings.

MEOW

3 comments:

  1. I hope all is well since I will have have the same procedure in the future

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....don't worry.....it's a fairly common procedure these days. there are occasional issues, as happens with an surgery, but you should be fine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're through it. If the vision improvement comes with it, then It'll all be worth it. >:)

    ReplyDelete