Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Wondering


Sometimes I wonder what others think about, and one day I found myself wondering what
mermaids think about as they swim so freely in the oceans of the sea.  So I decided that 
the best way to find out was simply to go to the source.  I ordered the necessary mermaid
fins to cover my legs, and once they came, I set my alarm to get up early so as not to have
too many people spook the mermaid I was searching for.  I drove to the beach in the wee
hours of the morning and sat on the pier as I drew the fins up over my legs and made sure
it was on tightly.  Easing myself into the water, it took a while to learn to use my legs to
propel me properly.  In time I mastered the technique, and I swam off is search of a 
mermaid.   And surprisingly, it didn't take long.  I found her just off of Santa Monica........
about 15 feet below the surface.  She was pausing there watching the fish swim around.
As I approached her, she looked at me curiously, but didn't flee.  As I swam up to her side,
I introduced myself and explained why I was there.  When I asked her "just what do
mermaids think about," she smiled at me and said "I often wonder what it would be like
to be a real girl, with legs and all.  It is the same reason humans think about the idea of
being free, without boundaries, as it is so with the butterflies, birds and fish.  All people
wish to be what they are not, to be free from the shackles of their own existence.  We are
all one, and as such share much commonality."  I had my answer, and swam off to go
back to my true and often regimented life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment