Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

another boring update

Well, yesterday I was at the hospital for a little over 8 hours.  It was, of course, my day to volunteer there, so that took up a portion of it.  Then I had an appointment with neurology.  I was there and saw a different physician in August.  At that time I was not pleased with the doctor I had that day.  I felt he didn't believe me.  In the meantime I had tried to get an appointment with a muscular neurologist, but that is virtually impossible at that hospital without being referred by a general neurology.  The doctor I saw yesterday was one I had seen before when he was new and working under the guidance of my regular neurologist.  (I need to find a new neurologist because the regular one is in the process of retiring.)  But I felt yesterday's appointment went better.  There will be some follow-up tests, like an MRI and a CT scan, so maybe we can figure out why I have this weird feeling in my neck and facial areas.  I've had this off and on, but in the past it always went away.  And previous testing has shown damage to the cartoid arteries  But this recent bout has been going on for about a year, and gradually is getting worse.  And I sort of worry about things like blocked arteries since I already have one stent.  So time will tell.  Had I not felt that I was treated fairly yesterday, I likely would have gone either to the other local hospital, or driven north about 25 miles and tried one of those two hospitals.  So what am I going to do if they find no changes?  Well, in some ways I'll be happy because it means things aren't getting worse.  But on the other hand I may just quit worrying about it.  And there's always medications to mask this feeling, but I turned them down for now.  I take enough medicines as it is right now.  

1 comment:

  1. Alexis hang in there, thoughts and prayers, thought and prayers. >:)

    ReplyDelete